The Shumakov Medal
Regulations for the medal “Academician V.I.Shumakov” (The Shumakov Medal)
1. The Shumakov Medal is established as a public recognition of awarded person in the field of transplantation, the creation of artificial organs, cardiovascular surgery.
2. The medal is awarded to individuals, made a personal contribution to the solution of scientific problems, development of clinical transplantation and cardiovascular surgery, development and implementation of artificial organs, as well as a contribution to public acceptance, development of scientific, clinical, material and technical resources of V.I.Shumakov Federal Research Center of Transplantology and Artificial Organs of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation.
3. Description of the medal. The medal is round shaped with a diameter of 30 mm. On the front side (obverse) in the center the portrait image of academician V.I.Shumakov is placed. To the left of the portrait image along the edge of the medal there is an inscription affixed in Russian language “Akademik V.I.Shumakov”. On the back side (reverse) of the medal six-line inscription in Russian “Federal Research Center of Transplantology and Artificial Organs named after academician V.I.Shumakov” is stamped. At the bottom of the medal there is a plate number.
4. The Medal shall be certified by the Honorable diploma of the established form.
5. Preliminary decision to award the medal is taken by Personnel Commission. The final decision belongs exclusively to the Director of the Center.
6. Presentation of the Medal and diploma is made in a solemn ceremony by the Director of V.I.Shumakov Federal Research Center of Transplantology and Artificial Organs of the Ministry of Healthcare of the Russian Federation or, on his behalf, by one of his deputies.
The list of the Shumakov Medal award recipients
October 2nd, 2009
- Shraer Teodor Izrailevich
- Semenovsky Mikhail Lvovich
- Philiptsev Pavel Yakovlevich
December 22nd, 2009
- Bokeria Leo Antonovich
February 14th, 2010
- Galperin Eduard Izrailevich
- Eramishantsev Aleksander Konstantinovich
March 29th, 2010
- Moysyuk Yan Gennadievich
October 8th, 2010
- Granov Anatoly Mikhailovich
- Tomilina Natalia Arkadievna
- Tolpekin Vladimir Evgenievich
November 13th, 2010
- Zimin Nikolay Konstantinovich
November 22nd, 2010
- Pokrovsky Anatoly Vladimirovich
May 30th, 2011
- Kormer Arkady Yakovlevich
July 7th, 2011
- Dubernard Jean-Michel
September 7th, 2012
- Karaskov Aleksander Mikhailovich
September 25th, 2012
- Delmonico Francis L.
- Danovitch Gabriel